ICU is the premier library for software internationalization.This page contains the latest ICU 4.6 milestone (4.5.x) build links.
Major changes since ICU 4.4 include the following:
- Unicode 6.0: This milestone updates ICU to the nearly-final Unicode 6.0, except for UCA data (collation/sorting).
- CLDR 1.9: This milestone contains all changes from the recently tagged CLDR 1.9 milestone 2. The CLDR milestone contains numerous improvements and bug fixes approved by the CLDR committee, mainly in the areas of collation sequences and in available date formats. (#7734)
- Support for UTS#46 Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing. (#7144)
- Alternate number symbols based on numbering system. (#7599)
- Compact collation tailoring syntax for lists of characters with same level difference. (#7015)
- Fast string direction detection (#7772)
ICU4C Specific Changes
- ICU 4.6 requires compiler RTTI to be turned on. Please see the ICU4C readme for more details.(#7455)
- Find progress callback support in ICU regular expression engine. (#7666)
- pkg-config files for a standard way of linking against ICU from your library. (#6981)
ICU4J Specific Changes
- Added jar main function to print out ICU4J version information. (#7591)
(If the list of files does not appear above, see ICU4C Source
(If the list of files does not appear above, see