- Ensure the user has signed/is covered by the CLA
- Ensure the user is listed in the "Unicode ICU-TC Committers🔒" document (private) with their name, email, and account id
- On the server, create the password entry for username (will prompt for the new password)
# cd /home/icutrac/conf
# cp trac.htpasswd _trac.htpasswd
# htpasswd trac.htpasswd username
New Password: <type the new password here>
- Restart the server
- (important) log into trac as the user in order to create the account: Visit http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/login from another browser
- verify that you are logged in as the new user
- Now, grant the user permissions in trac itself:
- http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/admin/general/perm ( must be logged in as yourself )
- In the box ‘Add Subject to Group’: Subject: username Group: developer
- Click Add
- Obtain the developer's SSH public key. See Subversion Setup for ICU Developers - it should begin with "
ssh-rsa …" or "
- On the server, #
adduser username -c 'User Name' -g src -G htdocs ; mkdir ~username/.ssh
- Copy the user’s key to
- Fix permissions:
chown -R username.src ~username/ && chmod -R u=rw,go= ~username/ && chmod u+rx ~username/ ~username/.ssh
- The user should be able to login via the key but not via password.
How to contribute