The following are some language-specific wrappers that wrap all or part of
the ICU's functionality. If you have questions about these projects, please
use the normal support channels on their web site.
- Objective C
- CocoaICU A set of Objective-C classes that encapsulate parts of ICU.
- Mango.icu is a set of wrappers for the D programming language
- icu4e is a set of bindings for Erlang to ICU4C
- COBOL A page on how
ICU could be used from a COBOL application.
- ICU4PAS An
Object Pascal wrapper around ICU4C.
- PICU Perl wrapper for ICU
- PHP intl A PHP wrapper around core ICU4C APIs.
- PyICU A Python extension wrapper around ICU4C.
- stringi An R language wrapper of for ICU4C.
- ICU4R A
Ruby wrapper around ICU4C.
The following are some languages or language environments that use ICU.
The usage of ICU may be optional or required by the language depending on
how each language has been configured.
- Parrot Virtual
Machine This is a virtual machine for Perl 6 and other various
programming languages. ICU4C is used to improve the Unicode support.
The upcoming PHP 6 language is expected to support Unicode through ICU4C.